ADC-CM is currently seeking an accountable Project Engineer to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that the projects involve. The position requires working with craft personnel and subcontractors as well as ADC-CM management and staff. A successful candidate will require skillful multi-tasking and ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with Project Manager and internal and external project participants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain various tracking logs.
- Make daily phone calls to General Contractors to follow up on bid and project status.
- Generate and track purchase orders, subcontracts, and other project management functions as required.
- Maintain project documents.
- Coordinate activities from bid to proposal.
- Assist with bid preparation.
- Work closely with a project manager, superintendents and accounting department.
- Prepare and issue change orders.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Process Submittals and RFI’s.
- Prepare close out documentation for projects.
- Prepares project status reports.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients, superintendents and project managers to support their needs and requirements.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Other assigned duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of Construction related experience.
- Advanced MS Office, MS Projects and Procore skills.
Certifications & Licenses
- Valid CA Driver License
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings typical throughout California.
- Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work.
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
- Understands how to effectively staff self-performed work activities to achieve levels of productivity that meet or exceed industry norms.
- Has the ability to understand the function and purpose of the final product. Uses the knowledge to challenge the appropriateness of the work in progress.
- Understands contemporary software applications associated with managing and controlling workflow.
- Is confident, however fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors and co-workers (understands win-win contracting).
- Maintains control over subcontractors and craft people from earned respect, however is capable of using a more authoritative style of leadership when necessary.
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and relentlessly takes responsibility for solving them.
- Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manages them to a successful conclusion.
- Is polite, conversational, humble, self-confident, non-assuming and comfortable to be with.
- Is deadline driven, punctual and respects other people’s time.
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices, and willingly participates in industry events and networking functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills required.
- Critical reasoning, good work ethics with flexibility.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Time management skills
- Is goal oriented and can react quickly to challenging circumstances to achieve the desired end results.
- Is proactive, plans well and addresses problems promptly.
- Is committed to doing quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work.
- Works to meet or beat schedules and is driven to bring closure to avoid long punch lists.
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third parties.
- Has infinity for regular maintenance, cleanliness and safety and is intolerant of those who don’t.