ADC-CM is currently seeking a dynamic Project Manager who can provide reliable, timely, and professional support, and assist with the day-to-day project management activities. The position entails working with participants at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
- Is able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Develop budget for projects.
- Monitors project status for compliance with safety requirements.
- Develop scopes of work and schedule for assigned projects.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical issues, budget, and scope.
- Coordinate and track all Client Request For Proposals (“RFPs”)
- Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare/update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence.
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Coordinate the activities of sub-contractors and the relocation of technical functions.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting Client and project requirements, in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all Project Development Services technology, as required for assigned projects.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience – or a combination of relevant work experience, education, or an equivalent Military experience.
- Experience in construction management.
Certifications & Licenses
- LEED, AIA, PE, PMP certification, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to prepare and track budgets.
- Understanding of technical requirements for a business relocation, construction projects.
- Familiarity with construction drawings a must.
- Able to adapt and prioritize meeting deadlines in a fast-paced team or an independent environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with engineers, architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members.
- Flexibility with work hours.
- Occasion weekend work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings typical throughout California.
- Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work.
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
- Understands how to effectively staff self-performed work activities to achieve levels of productivity that meet or exceed industry norms.
- Has the ability to understand the function and purpose of the final product. Uses the knowledge to challenge the appropriateness of the work in progress.
- Understands contemporary software applications associated with managing and controlling workflow.
- Is goal oriented and can react quickly to challenging circumstances to achieve the desired end results.
- Is proactive, plans well and addresses problems promptly.
- Is committed to doing quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work.
- Works to meet or beat schedules and is driven to bring closure to avoid long punch lists.
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third parties.
- Has infinity for regular maintenance, cleanliness and safety and is intolerant of those who don’t.
- Is confident, however fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors and co-workers (understands win-win contracting).
- Maintains control over subcontractors and craft people from earned respect, however is capable of using a more authoritative style of leadership when necessary.
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and relentlessly takes responsibility for solving them.
- Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manages them to a successful conclusion.
- Is polite, conversational, humble, self-confident, non-assuming and comfortable to be with.
- Is deadline driven, punctual and respects other people’s time.
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices, and willingly participates in industry events and networking functions.